- 1 What are your business hours?
- 2 Where are you located?
- 3 Do your prices include GST, surcharges and taxes?
- 4 I have ordered some items that I would like to pick up. What is the process?
- 5 I have ordered some items that I am having delivered. What is the process?
- 6 I have broken items. Do I need to return the broken glass?
- 7 Do I need to wash glasses, plates or cutlery before I use them?
- 8 Do I need to wash my hired goods before I return them to you or before they get picked up?
- 9 What is your cancellation policy?
- 10 Why shouldn’t I use streamers near my marquee or pavilion?
- 11 Damage waiver information
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 10am – 4pm
Wednesday 10am – 4pm
Thursday 10am – 4pm
Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday By appointment
Our showroom and warehouse is at 3 Price St, Melrose Park.
Not far from Castle Plaza shopping centre, Edwardstown.
Yes, every price we quote has includes GST and any other business charges incorporated into the cost already.
The following details assume your function is on the weekend.
Customer pick ups can be collected from our warehouse, on Friday between 10:00pm and 4:00pm unless otherwise arranged.
All items must be returned on Monday between 9:00am and 5:00pm.
You need to pay for your hired goods when you collect them. Relevant identification is required. Credit card details are required for every order as security. Cheques are not acceptable. If any items are broken they must be paid for on Monday when you return the other items.
If you are picking up large items, consider bringing blankets and ropes to tie down you load.
We try to keep all our items clean and scratch free. Chairs need to be stood up. Other than that just follow common sense procedures when loading items onto your vehicle. Australian Hiring Company reserves the right to refuse pick up of items if transport is deemed unsuitable.
Also please note that you are saving the cost of delivery by picking up your hired goods. This means that you are responsible for loading and securing your own load. We will of course give you a hand if we are able, but this should not be expected. Review our terms and conditions here.
Please check through your order as soon as possible. You must advise us of any shortages on the day before your party. We can’t waive the cost of a missing or damaged item if you wait until after your party to tell us about it.
The following details assume your function is on the weekend.
We will ring you on the Tuesday afternoon of your function week and advise you of an approximate delivery day and time – for example Thursday afternoon. Deliveries are made on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Payment is expected either on the Tuesday afternoon with credit card or by EFT. EFT payments must be processed in time for the funds to be in our account before delivery occurs. Our drivers will not leave your order without payment.
If you have paid for your delivery beforehand, you need to ensure you have left adequate access to the property. You do not have to be present but all items are your responsibility once we have delivered them. Review our terms and conditions here.
All our deliveries take place between 7.30am and 5pm. On some occasions there may be extenuating circumstances, such as weather or traffic, that will affect the time of delivery, but in these cases we will do our best to contact you with the revised time.
If you have ordered a marquee or pavilion to be delivered you will need to prepare the area. Move any objects on top of the ground where you would like the marquee to be set up. Please note, we cannot put a marquee or a pavilion up over a clothes line, so this needs to be taken down as well. The marquee roof is put together on the ground and then lifted up. Trim any overhanging branches and consider mowing the lawn.
Please check through your order as soon as possible. You must advise us of shortages on the day of your delivery before your party. We can’t waive the cost of a missing or damaged item if you wait until after your party to tell us about it.
During delivery, we of course want to avoid damaging any of you property. This is where it is important that you clear a sufficient pathway so we can get a trolley through. We will not carry 6 metre long marquee frames through your townhouse. Review our terms and conditions here.
We will pick up your items on Monday. During the busier months we may need to pick up your order on Tuesday. We will let you know in advance if this is the case. You must ensure that we have access to the property so we can pick up your order. There will be an extra charge if we need to return more than once.
No, please do not put cracked, chipped or broken glass back into the box for pick up. We handle the glasses numerous times once you have returned or we have picked up your glasses.
No, everything is washed in a commercial dishwasher and packed ready for you to use either wrapped, bagged or boxed.
Yes, all items need to be washed when you are finished with them unless you have chosen the cleaning fee. Currently this is charged at $1.00 per 10 units. This applies to glassware, tableware and cutlery. Not electrical or catering items.
General Hire – Australian Hiring Company require seven (7) days notice (in writing) of a cancellation of a general hire (anything other than a pavilion or marquee) order.If the customer cancels within seven (7) days, a charge of 30% will be payable by the function date.
Marquee / pavilion – Australian Hiring Company require fourteen (14) days notice (in writing) of a cancellation of a pavilion or marquee order.If the customer cancels within fourteen (14) days, a charge of 30% will be payable by the function date. Orders cancelled on the designated day of delivery or function date will be charged 100% of the total order including delivery/collection costs.Orders cancelled in advance but after a deposit has been paid will be charged an administration fee that is 15% of the deposit paid.
Streamers or any water colour based product will run and stain if they are wet. It does NOT come off. It also stains chairs and tables and even concrete. It is not always rain that can cause this. Condensation in the morning can cause streamers inside the structure to be saturated. The full cost of repairs will be passed on to the customer.
By accepting delivery of your hire items and/or pavilion/marquee, you are accepting our terms and conditions.
Damage waiver information
- The Damage Waiver charge is 8% of the total value of the hire (excluding GST), and is automatically included on the hire docket
- The Damage Waiver is not charged only where the hirer has signed a Damage Waiver Non-acceptance form
- Once the hire items have been delivered/collected, the customer cannot change their mind regarding acceptance/non-acceptance of the Damage Waiver
- The Damage Waiver only covers those items listed on the hire docket
- The Damage Waiver is applicable to a maximum repair/replacement value of $1,000 per hire. Over this amount, the hirer is solely responsible for any cost incurred by Australian Hiring Company in repair or replacement of the hired items.
The Damage Waiver does NOT cover
- Damage of breakage caused by the use of the hire item other than the use for which it is designed and intended
- Theft of the hire item
- Damage or breakage of the hire item caused by fire, storm or accident
- Damage to the hire item caused by neglect or vandalism
- Cleaning charges
- Lost or missing items
- Failure to return the hire item
- The hire equipment whilst in transit, if being carried by the hirer, or an employee, contractor or agent of the hirer
- The hire equipment after the expiration of the hire period, unless an extension is requested by the hirer and an additional fee paid
- Damage caused by disregard for instructions given to the hirer by Australian Hiring Company in respect of the proper use of the equipment, or contradiction of the manufacturer’s instructions if supplied with the item at the time of hiring.
Damage waiver in regard to Riedel glassware (compulsory)
- 10% Damage waiver is compulsory on Riedel glassware.
- All broken or damaged goods must be returned to the Owner otherwise they are classed as missing Goods, which the Customer agrees to pay for on a full replacement value basis.
- If the damage exceeds 10% of the hiring fee, then the Hirer shall be responsible for full replacement cost of the item/s (determined by the Owner).
- Any breakages over and above this amount, will be charged at replacement cost.